Monday, May 24, 2010

album covers that make me want to buy it



The third release from Mystery Jets, Serotonin, is getting a pretty good rap. I honestly haven't head any of it but whatevs. This album cover rocks. The colours, layout and Duran Duran-esq piss take is so up my alley.

In fact, their entire back catalogue of shoots, album covers and styling is totes up my alley.







I adore their matchy matchy stylings and on-location shoot concepts, especially in the top album cover. Nothing like a clever location shoot with a tongue-in-cheek vibe, adore the floaties. I have used some of these images as inspiration for shoots and styling in the past and I'm sure I will again in the future. Funny though, the poolside shot reminds me a lot of a shoot I did with Lions At Your Door last year but today is the first time seeing this particular image. Soooo digging these guys.
Not sure who the photographers are but I do want to find out who did the two covers, looks like it could be the same person, they're beautifully nostalgic in their style.



No comments:

Post a Comment